Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.7 vs Ekiga 2.0.12

On 16/11/10 17:59, Eugen Dedu wrote:
Hi Antonio,

Sorry to answer so late.

On 01/11/10 16:41, palama inwind it wrote:
I am pretty content with 2.0.12 on Debian Lenny but, since in a short
time Squeeze will become the official Debian stable release, I began
some testing with 3.2.7 on another Linux box.

I came across some problems.

- It seems that the "Contacts near me" / "Neighbours" functionality
is version specific. 2.0.12 shows other Ekigas of the same version on
the same LAN but fails to show Ekigas 3.2.7. Ekiga 3.2.7 does not
show Ekigas 2.0.12 on the same LAN. I did not have the opportunity to
run two 3.2.7 on the same LAN.

Julien, do you have an idea?

- The Address book function of 2.0.12 shows in boldface which users
are registered and which are not. I was not able to find a similar
functionality in 3.2.7.

I looked at what is transferred on the network and I have not found the
information about if a user is registered or not. But it is strange that
it works with 2.x. I will look into this later, after the release.

- In the 2.0.12 address book shows thes SIP address of a user, which
software/version he is running and even his email address. I was not
able to find a similar functionality in 3.2.7.

The same as before.

Hmm, this might come from the code in plugins/ldap/ldap-source.cpp:
  bookinfo.uri =

"ldap://ekiga.net/dc=ekiga,dc=net?givenName,telephoneNumber?sub?(cn=$)";
so only the givenName and telephoneNumber are asked, probably in 2.x other information was asked... I will investigate this later...