Re: [Ekiga-list] Bug in ekiga - busy signal after a day or two of being idle

> To whom it might interest.
>
> When my computer has been powered on for maybe one or two days, anyone who calls me from an ordinary phone to > ekiga gets a busy signal. I works just fine when Ekiga was just started.

Welcome in the club. I have reported similar issue a week
ago to this list, although I get 'not available' instead
of your 'busy' and it does not take days but often just
tens of minutes. Restart of Ekiga fixes the problem for
some time exactly as in your case.

> I have two accounts set up in ekiga. One Ekiga.net account and one Phonzo.com account.
>
> It is the phonzo.com account that stops working. I don't know if the same is true for the ekiga.net account.
>
> Is this a known bug in Ekiga?

I guess this and many similar reports are NAT related and
nobody really knows how to deal with them properly due to
the plethora of slightly different NAT implementations.

I ended up writing an ugly hack - a script catching -d 2
output of ekiga and restarting it every ten minutes unless
-d 2 suggests ekiga is in call... Not very nice indeed but
at least Ekiga is usable with this hack again...

Najvyhodnejsie povinne poistenie aut - http://poistenie.sme.sk