Re: [Ekiga-list] Packages with fixed NAT for Debian?

2010/3/31 Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>:
> Christian Jaeger wrote:
>> I hear there has been a NAT bug fixed lately, which might be the
>> reason that Ekiga doesn't work with my VPN setup (Twinkle works). Is
>> the fix in sid or testing already? If not, is there a patch?
>
> The patch is at
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2010-March/msg00127.html
>
> Please tell us if it fixes your problem.

Thanks, in fact it seems to improve things:

- Ekiga can now register at ekiga.net
- when I call 520 ekiga net, I get the call back, receive it, hear the
message, hear myself, the only thing that's missing is remote video
(it shows local video, as I can verify by plugging out the ethernet:
audio goes away, video is still updated; also the "View" menu doesn't
un-grey the remote video entry)
- when I call 500 ekiga net, audio is silent; but after ~20 seconds,
as normally expected the video switches to remote video (still no
audio)

So, NAT works except NAT still doesn't work or something like that
(but I don't know for sure if the above brokenness is really due to
the NAT, but what else should it be?).

NAT is being done by a linux box (with nf_nat_sip kernel module loaded).

(Sound is OSS, with an .asoundrc to make alsa use oss as back end; it
is a mess: ring tone requires .asoundrc, but voice audio in and out go
directly to OSS, but only thanks to me setting .gconf dir entries
manually to entries from older Ekiga versions: the "Detect devices"
button in the sound prefs never finds anything. But with this sound
seems to be working reliably, so the above problems must be something
else like networking issues.)

Christian.