Re: [Ekiga-list] Problems connecting to

On 24/05/10 21:42, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 12:03 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 24/05/10 00:09, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
Hey all,

I have an account, which I have been able to get to work with
a couple of computers here. I can call other accounts, and
with some minimal fuss things are working okay. However, I have someone
who has a account, and I can't seem to connect to that
account. Normally, if someone is not available, I get an User not
available message. When trying to call or message this user, all I get
is a "Could not connect to rmote..."

Is there something I need to do special to call addresses?
I saw the SIP broker, but I'm not sure how to use it and I don't see there.

I see at
that you need a proxy, maybe this is useful.

If not, send the debug output (-d 4).

I don't see the information there. I found that page, but in reading it,
I don't see anything related to calling an number. I see
someone using a proxy, but that doesn't tell me how to
connect to a address from my address.

I do not understand: you want to register to account so that you can make calls? Then I suppose you must have an account there, and maybe you also need to setup a proxy if you wish to use it. That's how I understand it, I might be wrong.