Re: [Ekiga-list] wlan0 hangs after a while

On 29/04/10 08:19, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I run Ubuntu Karmic and the packaged Ekiga.

I just use it for LAN to LAN video+audio calls, with
"sip:192.168.12.10" (for example).

When connected to the LAN through my wired ethernet card, no problem.

When connected to the LAN trhough my wireless interface (wlan0), after
a while:
- Ekiga complains it didnt find the network configuration and pops me
   to see the Wiki page talking about manual port forwarding

Do you have access to Internet with wlan0?

With wlan0, before starting ekiga, does ping RemoveMachine (for ex. ping 192.168.12.10) work?

- Then wlan0 interface hangs, I have to reboot my system to be able to
   use it again.

As pointed out by Christian, this is a wireless driver problem. For ath9k I have this problem too: sometimes it stops working, and I have to reload it as pointed out.

Has someone encountered similar problems?

I am sorry, lspci/lshw doesnt show my wireless, I think I have to up
the corresponding interface, but I may not right now.

lsmod I think.