Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.6 in 9.10 Karmic

Le lundi 29 mars 2010 à 10:55 -0500, Ian Murdoch a écrit :
> Hi Yannick,
>
> I started with Ekiga 3.2.5 in 9.10 Karmic and then updated from your
> ppa to 3.2.6, which proved to be unusable because of defects reported
> in the list by others: voice cut-off immediately after connection -
> freezing after disconnection - etc. Now I have updated to your latest
> patched version and Ekiga is alive again and working well in all
> departments! So this is just a note to thank you for your excellent
> and dedicated work in maintaining Ekiga and for your most generous
> spirit in making your voluntary contributions available to all. Thanks
> indeed.
>
> My best wishes to you and all the team.

Hi,

That's very nice of you :) Speaking about credits, Damien Sandras did a
lot to 3.2.6, and Julien Puydt too (Snark), and Eugen Dedu. Lots of the
work also happen in the OPAL/PTLIB library. Specifically, the last patch
was contributed by one of the main contributor to OPAL trunk (Robert)
all based on a report issued by an Ubuntu user on launchpad; whitout his
valuable report and his pugnacity the patch would not be here (see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+bug/517580 ). Eugen
managed to get it into OPAL for Ubuntu. I just used the patch into my
previous package of 3.2.6 which is not really high tech if you compare
to other people mentionned (mostly copy'n paste). Personnaly I would
congrats the whole team for your good experience. IMHO this is just
another exemple of community based developement.

We are now testing this patch at a moderate scale, before going to the
large scale if everything goes well.

Best regards,
Yannick