Re: [Ekiga-list] Bad sound quality because of missing low pass filter

I'm not really sure how to proceed. My email to the alsa-user mailing list got no reply so far; I'm wondering whether I should play with some settings or configuration?

Isn't it waht the "plughw:0,0" special ALSA device is supposed to do by itself ?
We rely on it.

Does that mean that it's hard-coded into Ekiga?

Why doesn't arecord accept that string somehow?

I gather there is "hw" and "plughw", and plughw being plugin oriented might offer software downsampling; but I guess it only *can* support downsampling and doesn't do it by default? How would I go about configuring it to do it?

Christian.