Re: [Ekiga-list] Recovering from apps hanging trying to use ALSA

Christian Jaeger a écrit :
I've finally found out how to cure the problem where applications
using sound like Ekiga (but also Twinkle, QEMU, ...) won't start
anymore but just hang: they are blocking trying to get a SysV IPC
semaphore. Honestly, I didn't expect ALSA to be using SysV IPC.
Anyway, find the attached script which solves the problem for me.

Push the issue to the alsa developpers : the problem comes from them...

Snark