Re: [Ekiga-list] Q: client for Windows

Thomas, if you look back on the ekiga mailing list for 13-16 Feb 2010, you will see many posts about a destructive WinXP uninstall. The short version is that Ekiga for WinXP may attempt to install the program in MyDocs instead of in Program Files, and if you then attempt to uninstall it, the uninstaller may erase all the files and folders in the MyDocs directory. Hence, the download appears to have been taken off line until the issue is resolved. Regards, Stan

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, toohoo gmail com <toohoo gmail com> wrote:

From: toohoo gmail com <toohoo gmail com>
Subject: [Ekiga-list] Q: client for Windows
To: ekiga-list gnome org
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 9:32 AM

Hello everybody,

I did register with ekiga. Now i wanted to download the ekiga client software for Windows.
But the download fpr Windows version is disabled. I tried another  client but it did not function.
Would anybody mind giving me a hint please, what client to prefer instead of ekiga client
an what are the main failing points by setting up the account in the software.

thanks in forehand, Thomas