Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga under Windows 7

On 06/23/10 21:40, rread moffat co nz wrote:

On 15/06/10 21:54, rread moffat co nz wrote:

Having issues with Ekiga under Windows 7 .. runs sweet under Win XP

Have tried running Ekiga on two different machines, Dell all in one and
Toshiba Laptop,
both report the following error once a connection is made.

'Error while initializing video output'

Try changing the video device in Preferences and tell us if it works.

Makes no difference what I do apart from the fact, that if I change the
screen resolution,
it can actually make Ekiga crash and require restarting it.

Works beautifully on the Windows XP machines.

I cannot help, since I do not have a win 7 machine. I fear that win 7 has other video devices/drivers/... and ekiga does not yet support it. Or maybe updating/upgrading http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/tree/win32/directx?h=gnome-2-26 directory to latest version?!

Maybe I can help for the crash if you send us the -d 4 output, as shown in the wiki.