Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga

On 09/07/10 00:54, Paul Calvert wrote:
Hi,

Have attached the stderr output. Note that I can not run ekiga from the command prompt, however if I put -d 4 at the end of a shortcut, it will run and save the output! Error from the command prompt:

"The procedure entry point g_assertion_message could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll"

My PC has 2 libglib-2.0-0.dll files:
C:\>dir /s /a libglib-2.0-0.dll
  Volume in drive C has no label.
  Volume Serial Number is 5C28-8C25

  Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin

12/12/2005  06:24 PM           688,465 libglib-2.0-0.dll
                1 File(s)        688,465 bytes

  Directory of C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\bin

03/09/2009  04:13 AM         1,100,888 libglib-2.0-0.dll
                1 File(s)      1,100,888 bytes

Probably PATH env variable when executing from command line and from doublee-clicking are not the same. And it founds the wrong dll when executed from command line. I still do not understand why do you have two installations of gtk. When you install ekiga, it should check if gtk is already installed, and upgrade it instead of installing it in another place. Do you remember how you have installed gtk the first time? The recognition is done through registry, and maybe the first installation has not touched the registry...

As for the size, they might differ: one might be with debug symbols, the other not (our ekiga binary strips the symbols).