[Ekiga-list] volume drops after 2 seconds on Ubuntu Hardy

I suspect this is a bug in Ubuntu and not Ekiga, but I'm curious to see
if others on the list are experiencing it.  When I call an Ubuntu Hardy
system (Ekiga on both ends), the sound from the Hardy system drops
significantly in volume about 2 seconds into the call.

I've noticed this behavior when calling between 2 Hardy systems, and
between a Debian Lenny and a Hardy system.  I don't get this behavior
when calling between two Debian Lenny systems.

I verified that it's not a hardware problem by booting the Hardy systems
off of a Debian Lenny live usb.  The problem goes away when I do that.

Has anybody seen this problem, and do you have a workaround?

Thanks

-Rob