Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga-list Digest, Vol 43, Issue 30

Eugen Dedu wrote:

Ekiga is compatible with 64 bits OSes.  So the only problem you have
(until now) is the crash/freeze when stopping a communication.  Indeed,
some people have this issue (see
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=ekiga&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical),
we have not yet fixed it.

If you wish, we can look if your problem is like theirs (while waiting
that the issue be fixed); for that, you need to follow the steps at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_stack_backtrace_from_a_crash_or_freeze

Best regards,
--
Eugen Dedu

Hi Eugen,

Thanks for your information. I have been looking at some of the bugs filed on this subject, at the address given and note that the main suspect in this problem is Pulse Audio. I also note that in the P.A. software in my O.S. there is a tool called PulseAudio Manager. Opening this tool, I discovered that in the first tab: "Server Information" there are buttons for the Connection  and Disconnection of the Server. When opened, I found it connected. So, I disconnected it and then went to test Ekiga again. I made the same tests as mentioned previously, but this time Ekiga did not crash when closing the calls! The Ekiga server still seems to be down, so Ekiga was unable to register to it and I could not try 500 ekiga net. I hope this is helpful to you.

I will try to get a stack trace of a crash, as you propose. If I am successful I will send it to you. Please understand that I am not experienced in these procedures.

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Best Regards,  Ian Murdoch.