Re: [Ekiga-list] Setting up ekiga

I have version 3.2.5 that was automatically chosen by "ubuntu karmic"
and since the echo-test didn't work I was looking around what could be
the problem. The confusing information about the "oss" plugin
installation needed comes from here:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Audio_setup

They're talking about ubuntu 9.04 while I'm using 9.10. I have three
computers here ;-) so on the one where I'm right now that package has
not been installed, but it doesn't work anyway. I was also able to
choose "/dev/dsp (PTLIB/OSS)" from the drop-down instead of the "Default
(PTLIB/ALSA)". Any which way the echo-test doesn't work. I will remove
the faulty package from the other computer and wait for the echo-server
to work, or find somebody for the testing. But would you say, according
to the debugging information, that everything is set-up well here? I've
also entered ports according to this:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router
i.e. "3478" as trigger and "3478-3479,5000-5100" as public.

Last but not least I think it shouldn't be difficult to implement an
error-message that tells me what's wrong instead of leaving me guessing.
But maybe that was programed by a woman ;-)