Re: [Ekiga-list] Windows link hacked

I wrote on a chat to a friend : "install Ekiga, and then we will able to talk".
Few minutes latter he says: "We should pay ?! it asks some strange information... Moreover I have 10 new icons on my desktop.".
I check the link of the windows installer and see that is not on Ekiga website.  So I thought that it was a virus-spyware-trojan.
I already had a problem with a hacker who changed link on an open source software website...
Tomorroy, I see my friend with his computer. I'll be able to know what happened.

Sorry, next time I will check with more precision if it's really dangerous or not...

Davandg.

2010/2/3 yannick <sevmek free fr>
Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 14:10 -0500, Darren Albers a écrit :
> Why do you think it is a trojan?   The ekiga-setup scans as clean to
> my AV.    Virustotal is down so I can't check it there but it looks
> clean.
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM, davandg <davandg gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi !
> > The windows's link link to a trojan !
> > See :
> > http://ekiga.org/download-ekiga-binaries-or-source-code
> >
> > Please change this fast !

It is the intended link:
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/stable/ekiga-setup-3.2.6-release.exe

This place is own by the guy who released the windows version: Mickael
Rickman.

I understand this might be confusing as it is not in the ekiga.net
domain.

Damien, what you think? Should we copy it on ekiga.net ?

Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick ekiga net
Logiciel de VoIP Ekiga : http://www.ekiga.org
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F