Re: [Ekiga-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.3.0 [UNSTABLE] available

On 21/12/10 23:09, Palo S. wrote:

Great, congratulations!
I tried to compile it and I managed to compile everything
(ptlib, opal, ekiga - well, h264 did not compile so I
disabled it) but it breaks at linking, with undefined
XInitThreads. What version of Xorg/Xlib is needed?
(addding /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 to the linker
command did not work either)

/usr/bin/ld: main_window.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XInitThreads'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XInitThreads' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

Try adding -lX11 .  Also, give us the complete command line.

I think I know the culprit: do you use -Wl,as-needed or something like this? I remember (have forgotten about that) that this does not work anymore with 3.3.x, and should be fixed...