[Ekiga-list] Echo Test does not produce any sound

ekiga not sound in echo call:
19.12.2010
starting state: skype and arecord are working.

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Asoundrc_for_stereo-mics
Run these two commands: If you are affected, ..

 $ arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 16000 -f S16_LE - | aplay -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 16000 -f S16_LE -

..this will either produce silence or fail with an error

my output is silence.

 $ arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 2 -r 16000 -f S16_LE - | aplay -D plughw:0,0 -c 2 -r 16000 -f S16_LE -

..this will run fine.
I can record and listen to myself.

[edit]
Known affected cards

    * 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

    Built into: EEE PC 1005

[edit]
Fix

ALSA provides a fix for this problem: The route-plugin allows users to mix two channels down to one, i.e. record in stereo but output mono to the recording program.

Put this into the file ~/.asoundrc:

pcm.convert_mic {
    type route
    slave {
        pcm "plughw:0"
        channels 2
    }
    ttable {
        0 {
            1 1.0
            1 1.0
        }
    }
}

pcm.!default {
    type asym
    playback {
        pcm "plughw:0"
    }
    capture {
        pcm "convert_mic"
    }
}

I did not have a -asoundrc file, but I created with this code one in my home directory, now I am going to restart

Result both codes are working now

However Echo test or Conference Room are not.

Tried this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+bug/382281
Dear Yannick,
when I start EKIGA and try the Echo test or the Conference Room I cannot here anything at all, however I can see that the capture tab is moving when I am speaking at the mic.

Here is the file Output.txt, if you can give me an advice
Tried this: http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router#Symmetric_NAT:_Dynamic_navigation_of_NAT_routers

I have:
on my ADSL router
- enable in NAT port forwarding (ports 5000-5100)

Result: still not being able of listening to Echo Test

I have subscribe for the mailiing list in order to look for more help.
I had also reactivated one bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+bug/382281
Thank you in advance for your help