Re: [Ekiga-list] Echo test not replying

On 26/04/10 18:54, David Ford wrote:
Hi Eugen

On 26/04/10 13:10, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 22/04/10 02:43, David Ford wrote:
Hi I now can register - but I still can't hear the sound from the echo
test.
This is on Fedora Core 11
Adding myself to the 'video' and 'audio' groups means that I can now
register.
When I try the echo test the little icon turns red/orange
I get a line that says A:3.8/0.0 V:3.8/0.0 FSP:1/0
Underneath the Call Duration: 00:01:36 it says
PCMA - H261
If I start ekiga with -d 1
I get :-
2010/04/22 00:48:28.117 0:39.816 Media Patch:0xb0337b70 ALSA Could not
write 0 160 Success

hundreds of times while I am connected

Does this mean anything to anyone.

Well, this means it cannot write to audio device (snd_pcm_writei
returns an error), but I do not know why...

FC 11 still.
I have changed the audio options in Preferences - Audio - Devices, from
'Default (PTLIB/ALSA)' to the other option - in my case 'Intel
82801CA-ICH3 (PTLIB/ALSA)'.
When I played the 'Sounds' in Preferences (Ringing/Busy etc.) with
Default I had a distorted burbling but with the Intel option I now get
reasonable sounds.
The next time I manage to connect I will try the echo test again. (still
building new box to install FC 12 )

Ah, there was a user who had the same problem...  It needs investigation...

You could also try
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/_2test_2pcm__min_8c-example.html#a9
and tell us if that program works for you.

If you have a bit of programming knowledge, look at
./plugins/sound_alsa/sound_alsa.cxx from ptlib, function
PSoundChannelALSA::Write, and play around with it.