Re: [Ekiga-list] destructive Ekiga Win-XP un-install

Ted Clayton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new Ubuntu user, Ted Clayton.
>
> Before I got Ubuntu going, my brother wanted me to install Skype and
> begin using video calls.  I protested, preferring to use an Open Source
> product.  He said, "Ok, let me know what you figure out, and I'll
> install it too.".  He is now a successful Skype user.
>
> I studied the Ubuntu video scene, and decided I like the sounds of Ekiga
> best.
>
> My brother downloaded the 20 meg Ekiga Windows install program this
> morning.  As he installed it, some of it's requests & actions seemed
> unusual, for example wanting to install in My Documents.

Let's resurect this thread.

I executed ekiga-setup (several versions) from Michael's repository and
all of them proposed Program Files.

I have just created two ekiga-setup-s, one with nsis 2.43 (used by
Michael), the other with a mix of 2.43 and 2.46 (latest version).  nsis
is the program which generates the installer part of ekiga, so there
resides the "problem".  Please execute both of them until installation
dir choosing and tell me if the directory proposed is Program Files or
My Documents.

http://eugen.dedu.free.fr/awinek