Re: [Ekiga-list] unable to register my accounts

* Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> [280909, 08:29]:
> Le dimanche 27 septembre 2009 à 22:42 +0200, Ennio-Sr a écrit :
> >
> > Now I shall investigate a few other things, such as audio quality (worse
> > than in the past) and video (recognizes webcam but shows no image.
>
> Pulseaudio ? ;-)

Yes I have pulseaudio; in the meantime I succeded to set webcam working
(all I needed was a libpt-1.11.2-plugins-v4l2) and it works better than
in skype :-). Thanks for the great work you've done!

I have just one curiosity: yesterday (on reboot) my PC was not
connecting to internet; finally I discovered it was a question of having
dropped an 's' in dns-nameservers .....However, being cut off from the
world I tried both Ekiga and Skype and while the former would not
connect (as any other web address) skype went on: how was that possible?
May be skype doesn't need literal address conversion because there is an
internal reference to its numerical address?

Thanks again,
     Ennio

--
[Why use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.          \\?//
 Do something you aren't good at!" (as Henry Miller used to say)]  (°|°)