Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga in Australia

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Roger wrote:

Hi all
I'm wondering about experiences in using Ekiga in Australia and what the total costs of calls within Aus are please.
TIA
Roger

Hello, Roger.

I have Ekiga installed and setup, on Ubuntu 8.04, and have tested it with a webcam, for making video calls, and, that is all okay, but I don't know anyone else with Ekiga, for me to communicate with, to try it for live calls.

I am with Optus, with ADSL quota of somewhere around 15GB per month. I notice that your email address shows that you are with Bigpond.

Without knowing what your quota is, I have no idea as to whether you have the capacity for video calls (which was the main reason for me getting the webcam and Ekiga installed, for communicating with friends and relatives overseas).