[Ekiga-list] Re (2): Re (2): Re (2): Reaching a north american telephone number via Diamond

Stu,

> I'm not sure what you're attempting but 911,311&411 are hands off ...

sip:441 sip diamondcard us is a Diamond echo test.
411 was just a typographical error in the message.
Ref. http://wiki.diamondcard.us/EkigaPhone

"441" invites error but I guess Diamond had a reason
to choose it.

> ... try a real number.

The 1250.. number was & is real.  I just restarted Ekiga,
checked that the Diamondcard gateway was registered
and that ekiga.net wasn't and tried it again.  Certainly
Ekiga jumps immediately to "Call completed".

One additional observation: since about a week ago, X
crashes within a few seconds of starting in this system.

Nobody else has mentioned trying Ekiga in Debian Squeeze
with Lxde.  According to Occam's Razor, a problem related
to Squeeze or Lxde would be a good bet.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

--
Google "pathology workshop"