Re: [Ekiga-list] Video Encoding Module

Sohil Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>            I referred the code of ekiga 3.2.6. I tried to understand the
> video input module of ekiga ( ekiga-3.2.6/lib/engine/videoinput and
> ekiga-3.2.6/lib/engine/components/gstreamer ). I assume that the
> get_frame_data function will get raw data. So which module encodes it ?

The encoding/decoding is done in opal library, which contains theora,
h264 etc. as plugins.

As written at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources,
ekiga is highly integrated to ptlib and opal libraries, you need to look
at all of them.  ptlib has notably the hardware support (such as alsa,
v4l2), and opal has notably the codec support (theora, speex etc.),
while ekiga has notably the UI.