[Ekiga-list] Registration timeout with Asterisk

Hi everyone,
We have -at work- an Asterisk server.
Using Ekiga 3.2.0 in Ubuntu Jaunty, I can connect to this server, make
calls and receive. The problem I have is that after certain time of no
activity in ekiga I start getting a Timeout error and I can no longer
use Ekiga with this server. If I shut down Ekiga and wait for a certain
time -maybe 30 minutes- I can register again in the PBX and make calls.

I ran the asterisk CLI while connecting and I can see that after this
timeout if I start Ekiga right away after the last timneout
the register request doesn't event reach Asterisk. Worth mentioning this
problem does not occur with other softphones, such as Empathy or
Twinkle.

Can anyone suggest where I might start looking for a solution?

TIA,
Mariano