[Ekiga-list] Compilation failure in 3.2.4

I am hitting compilation errors with the latest v3.2.4. I got through the
ICE reported earlier by upgrading the gcc packages to v4.4 (from SuSE
factory).

Now I have the errors:
../../../../lib/engine/components/opal/opal-account.cpp: In member
function ‘void Opal::Account::on_edit_form_submitted(bool, Ekiga::Form&)’:

../../../../lib/engine/components/opal/opal-account.cpp:438: error:
exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
make[6]: *** [opal-account.lo] Error 1

I compiled the ptlib and opal libraries OK.  As I recall, -fno-exceptions
is used for opal.  Is there now a conflict?  How do I make a change
without editing every Makefile?

My goal is to get a working ekiga version on SuSE 11.1 (with KDE 3.5), on
a 64-bit machine.  It has been total frustration.  Version 3.0.1 that
comes with the system does not transmit sound either direction.  I found
and installed rpms for ekiga v3.2.4, and relevant libraries, from the
SuSE build service.  Execution immediately gave a segmentation fault.

Thank you,
Joe