Re: [Ekiga-list] how do I make IP based calls?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Ren Min <butdiene yahoo com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried:
>
> h323:192.168.0.2
>
> but the other side doesn't receive any call, and the caller side ends up wit "user not available".

I am not sure if h323 is enabled by default in Ekiga.
You can check on the target machine if port h323 (port number 1720) is open.
To do so, you can use the GNOME nettool
(http://projects.gnome.org/gnome-network/screenshots/info_netstat.jpg)
to display active network services.
You can also perform a port-scanning from the caller computer to the
callee computer to see if that port is open.

Simos