Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga Engine

Hello Snark,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. This is very useful. I will look into the kickstart.h to get started.

Thanks & Regards,
Jayasimha

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:
Jayasimha MR a écrit :

I am interested in using the Ekiga as an Engine in my custom application. I
read in the post over here that
states that the Code is already available. Would you kindly let me know how
do i use it, any documenations
or examples would really help.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2009-February/msg00305.html

The documentation isn't well centralized ; basically :
- during development, you'll probably want to hook it to ekiga through a plugin (see lib/engine/plugin/plugin-core.cpp where there is a simple example -- notice that it should be named "ekiga_test.so" and not "hello.so"...) ;

- how to initialize a piece of code (like a plugin) is documented in lib/engine/framework/kickstart.h ) ;

- for the rest, it really depends on what you're trying to do : if you want to play with the addressbook, you'll find the api in lib/engine/addressbook/ ; for presence in lib/engine/presence/ etc

Hope this helps,

Snark