Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga snapshot for Ubuntu 8.10

I'll give that a try tomorrow. It's time for a tall cool one.

David Fox wrote:
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM, J. Paul Bissonnette <jpaulb eastlink ca> wrote:
I thought I was going blind.
There is a dependency problem to work out.
Depends: libedataserver1.2-9 (>=2.22.3) but it is not installable
This is not in 8.10 repository, libedataserver1.2-8 and libedataserver1.2-11
are. It must be a hardy only package. (?)

I'd say most likely but I don't use hardy anymore and don't know what's there.

libedataserver1.2-11 is definitely in intrepid.

I have used Yannick's PPA and it installs cleanly into intrepid, no
dependency problems. However, it only provides 3.0.1, which is a win
over intrepid since it only provides 2.x something of ekiga.

# ekiga

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tlbdk/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/tlbdk/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main

(from my /etc/apt/sources list)

I'd suggest using that, or rolling your own binary. Installing by
forcing to override a dependency could break things.

--

<sip:jpaulbiss ekiga net> <sip:jpaulbiss ekiga net>