Re: [Ekiga-list] no incoming calls behing an ADSL modem

Le samedi 28 février 2009 à 16:20 -0500, H. S. a écrit :

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM, H. S. <hs samix gmail com> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I have just convinced a few of my friends to move from Skype
>         to Ekiga.
>
>         While testing with one of them, we noticed that he can call me
>         sucessfully but I cannot call him. If I try calling his sip
>         address, I get a message in the status "Remote user is
>         unreachable". That user is behing a modem which is working in
>         pppoe mode. His computer computer has a private address. While
>         configure Ekiga, the stun was selected in the network setting.
>         His computer is Ubuntu Hardy, Ekiga 2.0.12.
>
>         How do we go about solving this problem?
>
>         Thanks.
>         PS: With echo cancellation off, the voice quality is at least
>         as good as we get with Skype. Good job, ekiga devels! But with
>         echo cancellation on, the quality is not as good. Proving that
>         the suggestion in online docs to use headsets is a good
>         once :)
>
> hmm ... he restarted Ekiga and now I am able to call him, even across
> the pppoe ADSL modem. Looks like a restart of Ekiga fixed something.
> Does that show what could have been missed?

Most probably the NAT binding expired. If it is reproducable, perhaps he could try setting a lower
value in /apps/ekiga/protocols/sip/binding_timeout using gconftool-2,
gconf-editor or your favorite text editor if it is on windows.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/