Re: [Ekiga-list] poor quality voice in ekiga

Jason Haar a écrit :
> Hi there
>
> Basically I find that ekiga and twinkle both have TERRIBLE recording
> quality (tested under FC8,F10 and F11).

Ekica use several codecs. This improve interoperability, which Skype do
not care about.

Those codecs match different needs (bandwidth, error recovering,
latency, quality, etc.).

For quality, "G722" or "SPEEX 16kHz" will provide the best results.

In Ekiga's preferences, in the Audio Codecs section, there is a list of
codec. The top of the list gets priority over the rest. Thus place them
with care. You can force the use of 1 codec by disabling the rest. Still
you have to make sure your the person you are talking to does have this
codec in his list.

Best regards,
Yannick