Re: [Ekiga-list] H264

Mateusz Kaduk wrote:
Hi,

I am using GNU/Linux Debian (sid) which is missing H264 due to restrictions.
Current ekiga version in sid is 3.2.1~git20090515.9d0263-1

It cannot include non-free codecs, such as h264.

Is it possible to download missing package from somewhere or compile h264
without compiling whole ekiga stack ?

Yes.

1) Either install starting from tomorrow ekiga-snapshots (look at the wiki site) 2) or wait a few days, until I create the plugins-non-free opal package corresponding to debian packages 3) or, more complicated, compile it yourself: download the whole opal (see wiki), cd plugins, and there do configure and make and manually copy the non-free .so into /usr/lib/opal*