[Ekiga-list] Need some help to encounter latency problem

Hi,

I am a new user of ekiga and had a very tough time configuring because the
registration process would often fail even though the given information's
were enough and correct.However,I configured it tried to talk to my friend
who also has a ekiga account.he also lives in the same city.But during this
conversation, we experienced high degree of latency.once i
speak,approximately it takes about 6 seconds to reach him..Pls let me know
if i can do any thing to reduce this latency.Thank you.