Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie, help: Account mgmt problems

Thanks for your reply!

First of all I should add that I'm on Fedora/X86_64.

Did the ekiga-config-tool thing. After a reinstall, and disabling the stun server, there is only two accounts: my ekiga account and an account at sip.mysecretary.net. Situation after a Chat | Quit + restart:

- The data for both accounts is corrupted (password moved to
 "Authentication User",  Password + Timeout set to random values).

- The account is presented as "Registered" despite that it isn't logged in at the server (I can verify this on the server side for the mysecretary account).

- Invoking the Account | Edit Account dialog with correct, unchanged data
 effectively toggles the account between Registered and Unregistered.

- With data OK, successfully logged in to mysecretary.net and making
a Chat | Quit the server does not understand that the client is disconnected (still
 presented as present/logged in by server). Possibly a server issue?

- The server eventually understands that the client has disconnected after the
 timeout specified fot the account.

I have a feeling that there are at least two things here: data corruption and presence mgmt. But, I'm a newbie and should thus not have any feelings ;-)