Re: [Ekiga-list] Re (2): plugins for video

PETER EASTHOPE a écrit :
Folk,

Date:	Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:36:58 +0100
From:	Julien Puydt <jpuydt    fr>
"If it's firewire, the plugin is in a package whose name must look like libpt-plugins-avc"

The Unibrain Fire-i is "Firewire".
I installed libpt-plugins-avc.
Opened Edit:Preferences.
For Input Devices V4L, V4L2 and 1394AVC, the Input device is "No device found".

For Input Device 1394DC the Input Device is /dev/raw1394.

I failed to find an image anywhere with Ekiga while everything in Coriander appears OK.

I'm not convinced that running a mixed system--Lenny, with Sid Ekiga--is a good idea. Might be best to leave Ekiga until the system is fully up to Sid.

Thanks for any further ideas,

1) does kino recognize your device ;
2) coriander makes me think libpt-plugins-dc might be more appropriate!

Snark