Re: [Ekiga-list] People using Ekiga behind a http proxy ?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Ed <Ekiga 0x1b com> wrote:
>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router#Using_Ekiga_through_a_http_proxy
>
> It's binary only and it's proprietary (patent pending)...

and therefore useless AFAIAC

does an advert belong in that location on the Wiki?

The correct venue to acquire the gift from our government of
privileges for your intangible asset is the Copyright system - patents
are inappropriate for semantic works of any kind.
link sent to:
http://endsoftpatents.org/
http://dotank.nyls.edu/communitypatent/

whoua. calm down. I never said realtunnel  was open source, everyBody knows that  , advertise for a "standard" proprietary solution to tunnel SIp traffic so people can use Ekiga is a far better solution for me than saying " ask your admin to change the router .... "

In the same Manner we advert on the wiki for proprietary SIP software in order to improve interop....

My question was more : does it work for you ? if it doesn't I won't advertise, but I've heard it was.