Re: [Ekiga-list] echo canceller

> Hi Palo
>
> In Playback I can lower Surround, Center, LFE and in mic I can lower Mux
>  and Mux1. It didnt help.

Then it is probably really the difference between
the Skype echo cancelling and Ekiga echo cancelling.
Skype works better for you.

> Very good Konrad. So where do I have to do a click so that the micro is
> muted when my vis-a-vis speaks?

There is no such thing, Ekiga simply uses different
echo cancelling. It can appear in Ekiga if somebody
implements Skype-like cancelling to Ekiga

BTW I had the same feeling from Skype echo cancelling
as Konrad mentions, ie that it muted the mic when the
other side was talking. Personally I prefer Ekiga
canceller because in Skype I had sometimes problems
to interrupt the other side and it lead to some voice
choppiness. Using separate microphone though. May
be different otherwise.

> By the way I use Ekiga only to make calls from pc to phone and I use
> Skype only to make calls from pc to pc.

If you use Ekiga to make pc to phone calls then it
would certainly make sense to use a headset. My
setup is a separate sound device with headset for
pc->phone calls and separate sound device without
headset for pc->pc phones via Ekiga and all works
fine.

P.