Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga -d 5: "Transaction REGISTER timeout"

Le dimanche 22 février 2009 à 10:32 +0200, Mikhail Kalkov a écrit :
> Hi, all!
>
> I've just installed Ekiga 3.0.2 from sources at
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources, and registered
> at Ekiga.net web site, but cannot get connected to the SIP server at
> ekiga.net.
>
> The status line tells me "Couldn't register to
> sip:myaddress ekiga net". According to 'ekiga -d 5' command output, it
> is trying to connect, but every time registration attempts time out.
> The interesting part starts when I try to troubleshoot it with
> Wireshark. It seems that the client actually sends the REGISTER
> message, and the server replies to it with a nonce and authorization
> request as it should, but the reply is sent to a random port in the
> range 15000-17000, whereas ekiga listens on port 5060. Obviously, the
> reply is discarded by the kernel, and it never reaches the
> destination.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04, and tried to connect through my home switch
> as well as directly to the wall outlet. The ISP provides me with a
> public IP address, but filters incoming traffic, and although 'ekiga
> -d 5' reports a symmetric firewall, I have never noticed any filtering
> on the outgoing traffic.

The port is the port that is detected using the STUN test. STUN is there
to determine what port the gateway will use for your traffic. It can not
be 5060, because if it was 5060, then you could only have one SIP client
running at a time in your private network. If the NAT is symmetric, it
is impossible to guess the port that will be used on the router.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/