Re: [Ekiga-list] registration failure

Sorry, it took me a while to get back. Part of the delay is for being busy, another big part was contributed by the fact that we seem to be aiming at a moving target here: for a while, it seemed like I could hide the problem by using port forwarding instead of port triggering, but then, it came back. Later, it appeared to work even with port triggering, and today, it failed again. I am afraid the results are generally not repeatable.

I am including a log file of an attempt where "registration failed" immediately upon start of Ekiga. Since the last successful call, there have been no changes to the configuration of Ekiga, nor to the router. The file has only about 250 lines, so no "tail -n 1000" was required.

If I knew enough about SIP (or about STUN?) to understand the log file, I could probably write my own program rather than use Ekiga, but I have no experience with either protocol. I hope someone can make sense of the log and point me to something helpful.

Regards,
Andreas