Re: [Ekiga-list] Reaching a north american telephone number via Diamond

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le samedi 29 août 2009 à 18:53 +0200, yannick a écrit :
peasthope shaw ca a écrit :
Folk,

Ekiga 3.2.5 in Debian Squeeze has succeeded with one call to a Gizmo client in a Windows XP system.
Progress; thanks!

Does anyone use the Diamond gateway service in North America? When attempting to reach a telephone, Ekiga fails after a very brief attempt. The message in the status line was "call completed" as I recall; sorry to be indefinite but the machine is on another island.

I might have the wrong syntax. This is one of my contacts.
  sip:16048227107 sip diamondcard us
604 is the area code. Can anyone tell me whether that should work? I ask because Skype requires "+1604..." and "604..." could also be plausible.

Hi,

Try this method:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Calling#The_default_provider

Or ask DiamondCard support for the real number format. (I have no idea
what it is in the US).
what you have is wrong. try this : @eugw.ast.diamondcard.us . as for number, then that is right.