Re: [Ekiga-list] Jaunty Ekiga 3.2 problems with other Ekiga vers.?

Darren Albers wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM, H.S. <hs samix gmail com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just installed Juanty on a laptop. First of all, the GUI of Ekiga 3.2
>> rocks! The 'presence' stuff is also great. Well done, devs!
>>
>> However, if I call my other computer (using different ekiga accounts on
>> each), the call terminates after several seconds.
>>

>> Laptop( using 3.2) <----->  Desktop (using 2.0.12)
>>

>> Also, when I attach a webcam on Ekiga 3.2, the video is not being
>> received on 2.0.12.
>>
>> Are these known issues or am I missing something in the new version?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>>
>> Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
>> newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
>> filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
>> ever having been read.
>>

> Are you calling both PC's with Ekiga.net accounts from the same LAN
> with the same public IP's?   If so I think don't think that will work.

Yes and Yes. But now that you have pointed this out, it might be the
problem. I was too excited trying the brand new version of Ekiga on
newly installed Jaunty to realize this!

Thanks, will try again tomorrow using the LAN address.

Regards.

ever having been read.