Re: [Ekiga-list] Webcam problems with Ekiga 3.0.1

Bob Williams wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Ekiga 3.0.1 downloaded and installed from the openSUSE repositories. My system is openSUSE 11.1 with the KDE 4.2.2 desktop.

I've installed (plugged in) a Logitech Quickcam S5500 webcam, which is recognised by the system as a UVC webcam, but Ekiga won't show any video.

When I click on the 'Display images from your camera device' I get a message window from Ekiga which says

"Error while accessing video device UVC Camera (046d:09a1)
Your video driver doesn't support the requested video format..."

I thought UVC devices were supposed to work with existing installed kernel drivers. What do I need to do to get this camera working with Ekiga, please?

Could you send the -d 4 output (see wiki)?

(Could you update to ekiga 3.2?)