Re: [Ekiga-list] getting registration failed

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM, H.S. <hs samix gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I am getting registration failed today in Ekiga (2.0.12) on Debian
Testing. Ekiga works very well usually, only todays there appears to be
some problem somewhere. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

I can connect, verified just now.
There is a troubleshooting page at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Troubleshooting#Unable_to_register_to_ekiga.net_.3F
It mentions the issue of passwords with non-alphanumeric passwords, which probably does not
apply to you. However the same page mentions a process where you can perform a low level
debugging by capturing the network traffic while Ekiga tries to register.
If you can investigate the issue better and provides some hints as to the reason of your specific
connection problem, I am happy to take that and add to the Ekiga wiki, troubleshooting section.

Simos