Re: [Ekiga-list] Could not register (Requested terminated) w/ ekiga-3.2
- From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
- To: Ekiga mailing list <ekiga-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Could not register (Requested terminated) w/ ekiga-3.2
- Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:48:20 +0200
Mounir Lamouri wrote:
I'm the -not yet official- Gentoo package maintainer of ekiga-3 and I
have an issue I can't resolve. This issue looks to be linked with
ekiga-3.2 (or opal-3.6.1 ?).
Here is the symptoms :
- I launch ekiga-3.2 and a SIP service I have is registering correctly
_but_ ekiga.net SIP service doesn't work.
- I can use my other SIP service but I can't use ekiga.net SIP service.
You can argue I'm using Gentoo and some compilation flag just break it BUT:
- When I try to use ekiga at my univeristy both SIP services are working.
- My girlfriend, at home, can use ekiga-3.0.2 for Windows with the
ekiga.net SIP service.
In my last place (just moved in) I was not able to make ekiga-3.1
registering to ekiga.net but ekiga-3.0.2 was.
I'm surely not alone with this issue.
Two weeks ago, a user write on this list complaining about the same
issue  and no one give him an answer.
In the Gentoo bug dedicated to ekiga-3, some guys complained about the
same issue .
I think ekiga or opal changed something about connection but I can't get
what. I can't change my router configuration because I'm using a
residential connection. However, even if it's linked to some port
forwarding, we can consider having it working with 3.0.2 and not working
with 3.1/3.2 is surely a regression bug.
Can someone give a hint about this issues ?
Mounir / volkmar
 http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=238554#c110 (starting from
In  the problem, as shown in the answers, is that it tries to
register a private address. The question (bug?) is why does it try to
register with this address? I have just replied to that post, hoping it
can be solved...
For : should the xcap patch be applied upstream? What is the
relation between (first comments of)  and connection issues?
Could you attach the -d 4 output for 3.2.0?
] [Thread Prev