Re: [Ekiga-list] pc-to-phone recommandations?

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Andre Robatino <andre bwh harvard edu> wrote:
Oisin Feeley wrote:
> Yes, Diamondcard has been getting my business for the past year and a
> bit and I have no objections. Their service seems on a par with other
> comparably priced providers.
unfortunately, they don't appear to have a
cheap flat-fee option like Skype ($2.95/month, or less if you pay
quarterly or yearly)

Anyway there are Donzens of SIP providers in each country .  In France you can get illimited Frnace for 7 Euros/ mo . True Skype flat rate is still ahead . But when you have ten millions users , you get try this risky offer.

so if you use more than about 150 minutes/month,
Skype is cheaper.  Which is too bad since I've noticed that Ekiga's
voice quality when using Diamondcard is much better (comparable to POTS
as opposed to much worse with Skype).  I don't know if that's true in
general or just due to my local network conditions.

I think diamond card support Speex ? can it be a reason  ?

--
Michel memeteau