Re: [Ekiga-list] DID, ATA and Ekiga

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 08:23 -0400, MacNean Tyrrell a écrit :

>         I think so. Voxbone could work for example. Using such a DID
>         provider,
>         you simply associate the DID with @ekiga.net SIP address.
>
> Ok, ipkall just sent me my phone number, so I'll have to log in and
> change the sip info.   However, to put the info in the ATA ekiga uses
> the standard port of 5060 I assume, and standard codec g711 or
> whatever it is (i think my linksys gives me a lot of codecs to choose
> from) and then I would need to put in the sip proxy my username and
> password.  Is there a way to tell this works without purchases minutes
> or whatnot from diamondcard first?  Would I at least get a dialtone if
> it works?

If ipkall gives you a number you need to associate to a sip address, you
do not need to use diamondcard, just ekiga.net.

> This may also be more for the email to Diamondcard, but the service
> gets charged per my sip address correct? So even if i have the ipkall
> DID directed towards the ekiga sip info the minutes charged will be
> against my diamondcard account, and same with outgoing?

If you bought the DID elsewhere, you do not need diamondcard, just
ekiga.net which also provides sip addresses.

Right, I meant for out calls to land lines i would need diamondcard correct?

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-