Re: [Ekiga-list] Rport not taken into account by ekiga.net server

Le vendredi 17 octobre 2008 à 14:45 -0400, Jean-Baptiste Zeller a
écrit :
> I use X-Lite to connect to the ekiga.net domain and receive the answer
> "606 Unacceptable" which seems to have been trigered by the fact that
> the VIA field in the register request contain a nat address and not a
> public internet address.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
> 192.168.2.14:10846;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-c5621f3a52276f77-1---d8754z-;rport
>
> But such behaviour of rejecting the register request is in fact
> incorect since the rport option is set according to rfc 3581, which
> state that when rfield is present you should ignore the address in the
> VIA request and use the address and port of origin of the request.

The policy on ekiga.net is to reject people registering with private
addresses, rport or not. Ekiga.net could surely ignore the fact you are
registering with a private address, and use your public address instead.
It would work for signalling. But for the RTP/RTCP media, nothing could
be done without an RTP proxy, which we do not have.

So I prefer having people complaining that they can not register, than
having people registering and complaining they have no audio/video
during calls.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/