Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga 3.00 dependency ubuntu-desktop (Hardy)

Hello,

Jarlaxl Lamat wrote:
Hello all,

I just tried to install ekiga 3.00 on ubuntu hardy (64-bit) following
directions here: https://launchpad.net/~sevmek/+archive
Yes i am behind a NAT and have to open ports for ekiga.
All went fine and ubuntu-desktop was unistalled among others.
Running ekiga 3 started the druid(which btw kept all setting from 2)  which
warned me for opening ports(which was not the case since ports were opened
already ie for ekiga 2)
Nevertheless i was able to connect to my account and make a test call
succesfully.
-Some problems appeared though:
a-Contact list would not show other groups added.
b-With ekiga minimized clicking on the "ekiga agent" would not maximize it.
c-Manual resizing of ekiga window was not possible.
d-V4L is not supported (for my camera Logitech quickcam).

Have you installed libpt...-plugins-v4l ?

My question is if someone has a  workaround which will make it for hardy
(that does not uninstall ubuntu desktop).

I am sure that ekiga-snapshot should have in debian/control:
  Provides: ekiga
in order not to remove ubuntu-desktop.