Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.0 and the never-ending dependancy adventure

Shawn Adams wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to install ekiga 3.0 on an opensuse 10.2 system. Using the
sources, i always run into the same issue - a list of dependancies.

conpile libs - need x, need Y, you don't have Z...

install X
install Y
--- you don't have A, B, and your C is out of date

install A,B, update C
install Y
install Z
- your D, E and F are out of date..
etc...
etc...

and some days later I get to actually install the Ekiga.

is this clearly documented anywhere that I could prepare all the pre-req
packages, instead of the hours-long obstacle course I am currently
running through ?

Hi,

I maintain the debian packages of ptlib, opal, ekiga, you could probably use the same (or similar) build dependencies. Look at the *.diff.gz files from http://snapshots.ekiga.net/snapshots/debian/?C=S;O=A, the control patch hunk, the Build-Depends field (or just search for Build-Depends).