[Ekiga-list] Re^2: file and format of address book

Eugen & others,

> Start gconf-editor (which looks into ~/.gconf), ...

gconf-editor installed under xfce4 and
appears to work.

> ... choose apps/ekiga/contacts.

Interesting.  According to gconf-editor
contacts appears as a directory but ls
doesn't mention it.

> You can copy/paste from the old to the new.

Under "Local Contacts" in the address-book
window in Ekiga, I can create a new address
book named test for example.  But then
gconf-editor still shows only one line
beginning "remote_addressbooks_list".  Neither
of the address books under "Local Contacts" is
visible.

Why are Local and Remote contacts distinguished?
Is the distinction only for user understanding?
Is there a technical distinction for the software?

Thanks,         ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/
http://carnot.yi.org/  = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/