Re: [Ekiga-list] Debian packages

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:00:00PM +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This email summarises information about debian packages on ekiga Web
> site, http://snapshots.ekiga.net.  This site provides three kinds of
> packages:
>
> 1. one package for non-free codecs, to be installed together with
> official debian packages currently from experimental
>
> 2. snapshot packages from the stable branch (which should be more stable
> than official debian's ones)

When I try to do this aptitude says (because ekiga will be removed):

**********************
  gnome-desktop-environment: Depends: ekiga (>= 2.0.12) but it is not installable

Remove the following packages:
gnome-desktop-environment

Score is 119

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

Keep the following packages at their current version:
ekiga [2.0.12-1+nmu1 (testing, unstable, now)]
ekiga-snapshot [Not Installed]

Score is -9810

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
**********************

Is the problem the version number (0 < 2)?

**********************
$ apt-cache policy ekiga-snapshot
ekiga-snapshot:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0-20081119-1
  Version table:
    0-20081119-1 0
    200 http://snapshots.ekiga.net ./ Packages

What happens if I accept the second solution?

--
"Advice is like snow - the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon,
 and the deeper it sinks into the mind." -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge